Guess what I did friends!?! I finally used the bread machine my husband bought me for Christmas. I didn’t actually make bread though, just some dough.
In all honesty, that’s why I wanted the bread machine. I can never seem to get my dough to rise correctly and it messes up the entire recipe. Letting cinnamon roll dough mix and rise in the bread machine worked beautifully.
I ended up with light, fluffy cinnamon rolls that I topped with a Kahlua Glaze. So yummy!
Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Kahlua Glaze
For the Dough
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
Put all the ingredients in the bread maker in the order listed. Select the dough setting on your bread machine and let it do it’s thing. Leave the dough in the machine for an hour and half so it can rise.
For the Cinnamon Filling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the Vanilla Kahlua Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy cream
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Kahlua
Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl. It should be easy to drizzle but not too thin.
Note: You will need extra butter to grease the baking pan and 3 TBSP melted butter to spread on the rolled dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F with a rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter a 9”x13” baking dish. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 6”x18” rectangle. Brush it with the melted butter.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar filling evenly over the dough with a rubber spatula. Then tightly roll into an 18” long log. Slice the log into 12 even rolls, and set them in the baking dish.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25 minutes, flipping them at the halfway mark. Finished rolls will be golden brown with bubbly filling.
- Transfer rolls to a serving platter. Drizzle the glaze over them, and serve warm.
Makes 12 cinnamon rolls
These were such a wonderful indulgence. I’m going to have to double the recipe next time, just so we have leftovers for morning. The glaze is so good that I want to bottle it and eat it on almost everything.
Give them a try.