Hello Lovelies! This is probably one of my last posts for a while. Surgery is tomorrow, and while I’m hoping to heal quickly, I’m giving myself permission to rest as much as necessary.
My super sweet neighbor brought me flowers while I was making breakfast this morning. She said she just wanted to make me smile. Mission accomplished.
Breakfast this morning consisted of bacon, scrambled eggs and stacked up pancakes I made from scratch.
Boxed pancake mixes aren’t bad, and they are always convenient, but once in a while I just want something a little different.
Plus Miss Hannah and I couldn’t wait to try out my Pampered Chef batter dispenser. I totally love it.
It made beautiful, uniform pancakes that stacked up on everyone’s plate. Here’s the recipe I used.
Stacked Up Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups 2% milk
- 5 TBSP sour cream
- 6 TBSP melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 TBSP baking powder
- In a large bowl, which together the eggs, vanilla, milk, sour cream and butter.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Gently stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Heat your griddle over medium heat. Melt a small amount of butter onto the pan to keep pancakes from sticking.
- Transfer batter to your dispenser if using. Dispense or scoop batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges start to brown and bubbles are forming on top.
- Flip pancakes and cook another 2 minutes until browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Or in Hannah’s case, serve with homemade strawberry sauce and whip cream.
Aly is already planning to heat up leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. That’s fine by me, because I will definitely not be cooking tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.