Hello Lovelies! I hope this post finds you happy, healthy and with a little bit of time to enjoy the outdoors. I have been working on getting all my ducks into rows before our big trip. Monday I went and had my hair done.
Yesterday, we went to Alma to buy special shoes for my husband’s ankle brace. Today I worked on meal planning and cooking. First up was a creamy version of my favorite white chicken chili.
It’s still the only thing I put guacamole in, even with the creamier texture. Aly ate 3 bowls, so I must not be the only one who thinks this version was darn good. You should give it a try.
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 3 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- tortilla chips, shredded Mexican cheese blend and guacamole for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over high heat. Sauté the chicken, onion and garlic powder until the onions are opaque and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the beans, broth chilies and seasonings. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the sour cream and whipping cream.
- Serve immediately. Top with shredded cheese and guacamole. Use tortilla chips to scoop chili.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. I know we are moving out of the winter comfort food season, but trust me when I say this is good any time of year. Let me know what you think.